3D/2N Trunyan Package
- Minimum 2 people = USD 160/person
- Between 3-4 people = USD 125/person
- Experienced driver/tour guide offering the best in customer service
- Comfortable, air-conditioned private car
- Petrol costs
- Parking costs
- Entrance fee for all destinations
- Ticket for Kecak Fire Dance
- Guide Trekking at Trunyan Hill + flashlight
- Boat rental & local permission to Trunyan Cemetery
- Ticket for Toya Devasha Hot Spring
- Contribution for Klungkung Palace
- Mineral water
- Photos (soft copy)
- Hotel (you can book hotel by your self, we just specified a hotel’s area to make a same route with our trip. If you want, we can recommend start from budget homestay, 2 – 5 stars hotel, private villa, etc.)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses
- Pick-up at Ngurah Rai Airport (arrival before 1pm)
- Tegal Wangi Beach
- Uluwatu Temple and Kecak Fire Dance
- Dinner at Jimbaran Seafood or local restaurant
- Check-in Hotel at Legian
- Trekking at Trunyan Hill (starts at 2am)
- Enjoy Sunrise & simple breakfast at the top of Trunyan Hill
- Trunyan Cemetery
- Toya Devasha Hot Spring
- Penglipuran Village
- Breakfast at hotel. Check out
- Visit King of Klungkung
- Kertha Gosa Pavilion
- Souvenir shops (optional)
- Drop-off at hotel or airport (departure after 6pm)
Trunyan Village is located on the east side of Mount Batur about 2 hours north of Denpasar.
Trunyan is one of the oldest villages in Bali, and one of the more unique experiences here. It’s known for its graveyard of open burials (very unique compared to traditional cremation). Villagers simply place the body of the deceased under the Taru Menyan, a fragrant tree that helps neutralize odors from decomposing corpses. This is where the name “Trunyan“ originated.
About ten corpses occupy Trunyan Village. Once full, older dead are replaced with newer and their bones placed with others who were moved. Newer dead are then covered with bamboo cages and left to rest. Only people who died of natural causes come to this graveyard (i.e. not by accident, murder, or suicide).
If Trunyan Cemetery is too “spooky” for you, you can enjoy Trunyan Hill nearby (one hour walking). Here, you enjoy the sunrise and beautiful panoramic views of Batur Lake and Mountain.
There are two ways to reach Trunyan Village. One is by boat over Lake Batur; the other, by driving its perimeter by car. The main cemetery, however, can only be reach by water.